Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development, and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
This position is responsible for operating the asphalt distributor truck by applying specialized emulsions to roadways with attention to detail. Applies liquid asphalt from distributor truck to designated area with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship. The operator is responsible for setting the pace for the paving operation. This is not typically an entry-level job, as it requires the ability to demonstrate previous experience.
- Drive and operate asphalt distributor truck equipped with tank to spray asphalt emulsions on road surfaces.
- Connect hose from storage tank to truck tank and moves lever to fill pressure tank with asphalt liquid.
- Regulate burner to heat liquid and start auxiliary pump.
- Snap or screw-on spray bars to attain required width of spray.
- Turn valve to regulate flow of material at specified rate and adjust levers to adjust height of spray bar from road surface.
- Monitor flow gages, tachometer and temperature gauge to insure uniform distribution
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel, and inspections for leaks and damage to machine before operation.
- Must be able to shoot tack, prime, and seal on a daily basis, as needed.
- Responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment; and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- May perform other related duties as instructed.
- Timely and regular attendance is essential to this position.
- Follow directions and instructions from supervisors.
- Work within defined standards of accuracy.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions, including temperatures over 85 degrees and below 40 degrees.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid CDL, Class A or B
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Comply with all DOT regulations.
- Able to work long periods including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must have transportation to departure area.
- Must be able to perform job duties in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Ability to use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to perform frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Competitive Health Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.