Family-owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development, and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
Asset & Equipment Manger
The Asset Manager will oversee the complete life cycle of the fleet vehicles, equipment assets, tools, parts, and inventoried roadway materials. This role will focus on creating and implementing new processes to increase efficacy and prevent job site delays. This includes the acquisition of new assets and repairs of current assets through tracking, reporting, and effectively communicating with internal management, suppliers, third-party installers and distributors. The Asset Manager will be responsible for maximizing the life and ROI on equipment and assets, coordinating with crew leads on repairs and maintenance to maximize production in the field.
- Oversees or delegates the responsibility for the day-to-day workflow of the shop; including shop mechanics and personnel.
- Conducts performance reviews for staff that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policies.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of fleet management and operations.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and adhere to a budget and to monitor and reduce expenses.
- Proficient with MS Office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops schedules and procedures for and ensures adherence to routine maintenance and non-routine repair of all equipment in the company’s fleet.
- Collaborates with Project Superintendents, Foremen, and other staff to manage and reduce expenses.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to the maintenance schedule for all equipment and vehicles.
- Manages acquisitions of new equipment and sales of depreciating equipment.
- Drafts and presents reports on department operations and expenses.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Develops and enforces procedures, policies, and safety protocols for the department.
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.