Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development, and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is located within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
We are looking for an experienced, proven, results-driven Concrete Finisher to join our growing organization. Reporting to, the Concrete Superintendent this position will be responsible for placing, finishing, protecting, and repairing concrete and following directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen.
- Smooth concrete surface using either a hand trowel, long-handled “bull float” or powered float.
- Cut joints/grooves in concrete with edging tools to help control cracking.
- Smoothing, finishing freshly placed concrete, applying surface treatments, and restoring concrete surfaces.
- Monitor the wind, heat, and cold as it affects the curing of the concrete.
- Follow directions and instructions from supervisors.
- Perform a variety of tasks and duties that may change often as the work conditions require.
- Work within defined standards of accuracy.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions, including temperatures over 85 degrees and below 40 degrees.
- Ability to use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to perform frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Health Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.