Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following skills and traits:
- Responsible for the preparation of heavy highway and civil project estimates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Review plans and specifications and determine and the scope of work required for each estimate.
- Prepare quantity takeoff, labor, equipment and material pricing.
- Contact suppliers and subcontractors and manage, both pre and post estimate.
- Clearly communicate information to the estimating team.
- Excellent math and geometry skills.
- Ability to determine the correct means and methods of construction required to construct each project.
- Ability and discipline to multi-task to keep estimates and projects progressing and timelines met.
- Excellent knowledge of estimating (Heavy Bid), project management (Heavy Job) and scheduling software (Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Manage time and work well within tight time restraints.
- Excellent people skills to build inter-company relationships and build and maintain relationships with owners and engineers.
- Write subcontracts and material purchase order agreements
- Create and update a CPM schedule for each project using scheduling software.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field such as engineering or construction management, or five-year’s experience of estimating and project management.
- Some field management experience preferred.
- Competitive Health Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
"*" indicates required fields