Job Title: Job Cost Analyst
Reports To: CFO
Location: Main Office
Job Classification: Salary/Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
The Job Cost Analyst will be responsible for increasing profits by way of reducing financial waste. Using analytical skills to determine the actual costs of jobs, subcontractors, materials, and all aspects of the business. This position will be responsible for reporting gains and losses on jobs to management. The Analyst is responsible for the detailed evaluation of project contracts and related documents. They will identify risks and exposure, monitor, analyze, and forecast financial outcomes of multiple construction projects and communicate findings to management.
• Performs cost analysis and spend tracking to monitor project costs and revenue and forecast final financial outcomes. Analyze project documents and develop reports for heavy highway and civil construction projects.
• Uses Company determined process and practices to document, track, and report cost on assigned projects. Write and report accruals and deferrals.
• Track, monitor, and control costs. Monitors the job cost report against key performance indicators (KPIs). Verify quantities claimed to match the owner’s estimate.
• Tracks production and payment activities to ensure both are on budget
• Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures
• Analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports
• Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
• Assists in Month end close of the General Ledger
• Plans, Analyzes, and Reports on sub-contractor pricing and cost-benefit
• Deeply analyze budgets and job costs and provide Project Managers of items left behind budget and areas of risk
• Prepare financial reports from multiple data points for use by the management team and external parties
• Assist in the development of regular periodic budgets which help prepare for long-term strategic plans
• Assists project closeout procedures by validating final revenue prior to final bill submission.
• Supports the financial audit process on assigned projects.
• Prioritize and manage multiple work projects simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
• 2+ years construction cost control or construction accounting experience
• Knowledge of budgeting, financial statement analysis, and executive reporting
• Effectively communicate in English via written and verbal communications
• High level of proficiency operating all MS Office programs
Highly Desired Skills/Abilities
• Experience with cost control on the heavy highway or other heavy civil projects
• Knowledge of construction contract agreements and change order processes
• Knowledge of accounting principles, including construction accounting
• Able to identify cost reduction strategies in the schedule, quantities, or contract Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Full understanding of Construction Math concepts.