Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development, and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
The Equipment & Shop Manager is responsible for and supervises the maintenance, care, and efficient operation of all equipment used by the company. Directly supervises shop personnel.
- Oversees the daily workflow, scheduling, and assignments of the shop personnel, including shop mechanics and personnel, PM technician, and fuel and lube truck.
- Conducts performance reviews for staff that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops schedules and procedures for and ensures adherence to routine maintenance and non-routine repair of all equipment in the company’s fleet.
- Collaborates with Project Superintendents, Foremen, and other staff to manage and reduce expenses.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to the maintenance schedule for all equipment and vehicles.
- Maintains inventory, storage, and distribution of parts and supplies for efficient operation of shop.
- Manages acquisitions of new equipment and sales of depreciating equipment.
- Provides recommendations for purchases of new equipment.
- Drafts and presents reports on department operations and expenses.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Develops and enforces procedures, policies, and safety protocols for department.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in Business Management preferred.
- Five years of experience in shop management with two years in a supervisory role preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid driver license
- CDL (A or B) highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of fleet management and operations.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and adhere to a budget and to monitor and reduce expenses.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to access and navigate the yard and all maintenance facilities.
- Competitive Health Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.