Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development, and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
The Staff Accountant prepares and maintains financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Code invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts, and close the monthly books.
- Reconcile bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconcile cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- 2+ years experience in general accounting.
Certificates and Licenses
- 2+ years of experience
- Attention to detail
- Data entry
- Analyzing information
- PC proficiency
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.