Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
The Traffic Controller / Flagger monitors the flow of traffic around road construction sites. Responsibilities include informing motorists of possible detour routes, reporting disobedient drivers to law enforcement officials, answering motorists’ questions, and directing emergency vehicles safely through construction zones as required.
- Uses hand signals and direction signs to direct traffic around road construction sites.
- Communicates with other flaggers to direct two-way traffic onto a single lane.
- Informs the construction crews of any traffic issues that may affect their safety.
- Appropriately positions warning and detour signs around construction sites.
- Sets up barricades and traffic cones along construction sites to block certain areas.
- Removes all signs, barricades, and traffic cones upon completion of construction work.
- Assists the construction crew in the removal of rubble, debris, and hazardous materials.
- Records the license plate numbers of motorists who neglect to obey traffic signs and directions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
Certificates and Licenses
- Sound knowledge of state traffic regulations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Exceptional observational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to perform job functions in all weather conditions and terrains.
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.